BMX Helix Discovery
Deliver fast, accurate, and secure cloud and on-premises asset visibility
BMC Discovery for Multi-Cloud automates asset discovery and application dependency mapping to build a holistic view of all your data center assets, multi-cloud services, and their relationships.
Discovery creates a dynamic, holistic view of data center and multi-cloud assets, highlights their relationships, and gives IT crucial visibility into how the infrastructure enables digital business. Each scan delves into the information and dependencies for all software, hardware, network, storage, and cloud services—providing IT with the context needed to create an application map from any piece of information about it.
Discovery automates asset discovery and dependency mapping to better gain visibility into the management of digital services in multi-cloud and on-premises environments. It provides the trusted foundation for building application maps that make digital transformation more aware, secure, and cost-transparent.
Automate application discovery and dependency mapping to enable IT
Discovery for Multi-Cloud is the cornerstone of IT service management, ensuring users access to applications and services across the multi-cloud.
- Validate change execution and expose unapproved changes
- Prioritize and route tickets based on an application’s business impact
- Reduce MTTR (mean time to recovery) with accurate data for root cause analysis
- Identify shadow or unused infrastructure to recoup license and maintenance costs
- Eliminate manual efforts to collect configuration data
- Map applications based on the information you know, regardless of your IT function
Reduce risk exposure with rapid detection and prevention
Leverage automated discovery and dependency mapping to build an integrated SecOps approach to asset management, leading to business-aware security and a higher level of automation.
- Document inventory for compliance requirements
- Identify servers that could be back door entry points
- Understand the business impact of a threat and which assets may be affected
- Control configuration access rights, encryption, and depth of discovery actions
- Combine with SecOps Response Service to create a remediation plan for previously unknown vulnerability access points
Provide visibility into how the business depends on IT assets
Sixty-two percent of CIOs don’t believe there is adequate transparency into IT cost, contribution, and performance. Improve governance using included analytics to marry automated discovery and asset management sources with actual cost data.
- Understand infrastructure costs and trends to proactively manage IT spend to budget
- Manage application costs and resourcing
- Optimize run costs and shift savings to innovation projects
- Prioritize multi-cloud investment decisions
- Drive shared accountability of IT costs with the business
Ready to take the next step?
Get in touch to get started
No obligation, no pressure. We're easy to talk with and you might be surprised at how much you can learn about your project by speaking with our experts.
1801 Alexander Bell Dr
Reston, VA 20191-4344
(703) 242-7599 Fax