BMC Discovery Overview Video (1:20)
BMC Discovery (formerly Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping, or ADDM) automatically finds and maintains a complete and up-to-date inventory of data center assets and the relationships between them — ensuring data accuracy and reducing data collection costs.
Having visibility and transparency into all data center assets, their location, their usage, and their relationships to each other gives you the knowledge and ability to reduce business risk and make better business decisions.
Collaborative application mapping simplifies and automates the application mapping process. By understanding complex application dependencies, IT has the insight it needs to make the right planning choices, safely manage changes, prioritize incidents, and understand the real costs of IT.
BMC Discovery KEY FEATURES
- Ready-to-run virtual appliance minimizes deployment time and effort
- Agentless discovery means there’s no software to roll out to servers
- Powerful Reasoning engine and high performance NoSQL graph database are specifically tailored to the requirements of a discovery system
- Easy-to-use appliance clustering technology achieves exceptional performance and near-limitless scale
- Collaborative application mapping reduces time and effort to map business applications
- Data Provenance feature shows precisely how the data was discovered right in the UI
- Flexible discovery process is easy to extend or restrict to right-fit your organization
- Robust analytics engine enables you to easily slice, dice, and analyze the data
- Simple network management protocol (SNMP) recognition rules page allows you to create rules for unknown SNMP devices so they are identified in future scans
- Software reference library tracks software end-of-life dates to expose risks with unsupported software
- Hardware reference library helps quickly identify inefficient hardware
- Broad pattern library is updated monthly
Request a BMC Discovery Demonstration